Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Huh?

No doubt about it in my mind. Print mags are much better that online rags almost hands down (maybe pos feed is the exception). And the reason does have to do with money to some extent...even if Stereophile doesn't pay some of their writers big bucks (or any bucks) they have the circulation and advertising to pull in equipment for review (even though I think this way of getting equipment sucks--but that's a different matter). Plus there is much expense in putting out a paper rag and so there is an investment there. The paper rags obviously were here first. Anybody can start a web site with very little cash and publish his ideas. This is good and bad. And I don't know about you, but if I was: (1) in a position to write for Stereophile or an onliner; and (2) if I could only read one mag--Stereophile--or one onliner, I would choose Stereophile in a heartbeat. I have noticed through the years that, aside from what I think of the content of Stereophile (and maybe The AS), these guys can write very well. Maybe it's all JA fixing up their prose, but even when they come on line here at AA, their ability with the written word is pretty outstanding...especially compared to some of the on line rags I've encountered. It may well be that the way the Internet serves the hobby is NOT through the proliferation of mags like 6moons etc, but rather, with the forums like this where ideas can be exchanged quickly and on whatever subjects are of interest at the moment.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.