Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Huh?

I know there are some like Fremer, Dudley, Tellig who get real $$ for their reviews/columns, but my understanding is that the majority of reviewers in print mags get very little remuneration and have "day gigs". I see no reason to call them professional reviewers or infer that they're necessarily better at reviewing hifi gear than someone whose reviews are published on-line.

I think worthwhile reviews have little to do with payment. Experience, adequate ancilliaries, knowledge of electrical/musical/acoustics matters, and writing skills seem a helluva lot more relavent to me. IMO there's plenty of lame reviewers in print mags, and some pretty decent reviewers on-line. Its an individual thing, and assigning more value just because its in print makes no sense to me.

Incidentally, a number of on-line reviewers have extensive systems, including several pairs of spkrs., and seem to have as much experience as a fair % of print reviewers.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.