Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Follow up on the tread below on comparative testing

For those who would like debating comparative testing, you can try it yourself in a live environment at HE2007. Bob Cordell an I will be in room 1627 doing a series of clinics including a simple comparison between a SS and a tube amp. The intent of this clinic is to allow first-hand experience (you get the switch) in a live comparison between level matched amps. We engourage people to bring their own music.

We avoid the terms often debated in this and other forums. We found that by making the test very simple and to the point, there were fewer issues with how we recorded statistics, what was visible or not, or that one light color clashed with the curtains, people like green lights, whatever.

So we all know tubes sound different from SS, right? All you have to do is flip a switch and play your music and tell us which amp is the tube amp. How hard can that be?

Special thanks to JA and Ray Kimber for supporting audio education. A complete listing and schedule of clinics and workshops is at my site. I know this sounds like a sales promotion, but we are doing this for free: nothing for sale.

Clinics and workshops:

Amplifier Measurement Clinic
Amplifier Listening Comparison
Speaker Auditioning Clinic
Speaker Measurement Clinic
The Peak Power Demands of Well-recorded Music
Active Loudspeakers - An Example

There will also be an Amplifier Design Q&A session on Saturday afternoon

P

My speaker building site

speaker icon

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Follow up on the tread below on comparative testing - Pjay 06:04:38 03/29/07 (9)

You can not post to an archived thread.