Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: A question for all of the audio journalists among us - exposes??

Ditto for the below. If something doesn't break or misbehave during its time with me or one of my reviewers, reporting anything other would be hearsay or rumors and really has no place in a review. Seeing that we've never reviewed a Philips-branded product yet, we never came across this particular case though I did hear about the Peychev solution which, I believe, helped Alex arrive on the audiophile scene in a bigger way.

If a writer acted as investigative journalist to collect the evidence from the field and amassed enough corrobative 'proof', her/she might have something for an Editorial. There's no investigative journalists on our staff, however - and usually such pros work for large newspapers, get assigned to a case and then have that paper's manpower, financial and other resources behind 'em. Who would decide what rumor or hearsay in our industry merited an official "investigation" in the first place? How much "proof" (i.e. failed units in your case) would it take to accuse a company or particular product of being a lemon, or a company negligent in its response to it? 1 out of a 1000? 1 out of a 100? Who decides? Who has the time and wherewithal to dig up the relevant statistics, call the owners of such failed units, question them as to what steps they took, how the company responded...

Not being an investigative journalist myself, I wouldn't even know where to begin -:)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: A question for all of the audio journalists among us - exposes?? - Srajan Ebaen 05:49:40 03/27/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.