Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Another Inquisition begins :-(

And it continues.... - robert young 14:04:01 03/21/07 (0)
In Reply to: Re: Another Inquisition begins :-( posted by Avocat on March 21, 2007 at 12:33:46:
JA is absolutely right. Why does he have to provide you with back-up when you don't do the same?? This is, indeed, Critics' Corner, but it isn't " Make the Editors Play By Rules That We Don't Have to Follow."
---------------------------------------------------

What I asked JA was whether SF has conducted surveys of its readership regarding whether they would be interested in seeing articles with the results of blind testing from time to time. It's a reasonable question. From the information provided, SF hasn't conducted any scientifically based surveys. I don't recall then asking JA to get more "backup".

Regarding your requirement that I get more back up, what kind of "back up" would satisfy you Bob? Do you expect me to pay for an independent survey of audiophiles or of SF subscribers before I'm permitted to post opinions or questions on CC? (The point of your note, of course, is that you don't like what I'm saying, and you think demanding that I provide lots of "backup" before being permitted to express my opinions on this forum is a convenient "gotcha" you can use to put me down. -Isn't that about the size of it Bob? - Once again, what specific kind of "backup" would satisfy you?

My OPINION that lots of audiophiles and SF subscribers would like to see at least some blind testing results from time to time, perhaps once or twice a year, is based on reading many, many discussions of the subject over the years on a number of discussion groups, and even from reading letters to the editors on SF and other publications. IT'S ALSO BASED ON READING COMMENTS AND OPINIONS POSTED ON THIS PARTICULAR DISCUSSION STRING THIS WEEK. - Look around you Bob.

Jim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.