Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

How 'bout HighEndWhistleBlowers.com ?

Apparently you believe they should not be eliminated and no solution is needed and that everyone associated with audio is a "poor pilgrim".

Neither. I see no demonstration of a problem. You claim to, you have the venue, so have at it. What good does it do you to have the power of the press if your Web site can't cash the check written by your mouth?

I think it is out of line for the publisher of an audio Web site to stick his nose into the business relationships of any audio publication on a public forum. Particularly if you take advertising - if so, you are a direct competitor. If you want to describe your own practices, that's fine by me. If you want to encourage 'debate' whether by name or not, debate about 'where someone goes to expose extortion', I think you are way out of line, given your position and do the industry no favor.

You note that other people and publications are regularly impuned here. Perhaps, but rarely if ever by the publisher or editor of another publication. Don't you see that by your very attempts to generate discussion on your topic you become one who is doing the impugning?

Do you see the publishers or editors of mainstream audio publications raising that type of issue here? I don't. Sure, there may be catfights now and then, but generally publishers and editors are examples of decorum and probity and are not inclined to start topics about the business practices of other publications - whether by name or not. Especially after the forum moderators have already weighed-in. The fact you bring the topic here rather than publish about it on your own Web site, appears more like you're looking for attention than you have true concern. You may disagree, but that's how it looks to me.

Does your Web site sell any products or services, including advertising?

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • How 'bout HighEndWhistleBlowers.com ? - JTimothyA 21:22:41 03/19/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.