Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: I just don't see what difference it makes ...

Rick Rick ... I am not claiming any unique circumstances.

Big speakers are a pain, ask any reviewer. Most of us don't have the luxury of having the factory come set them up. And aging old backs don't mix well with 300 lb. speakers.

Does that effect what or how I write about them ... course not.

The rapid pace of computer (read digitial) change speaks for itself, and yes, I do think that readers expect reviewers who tend to focus on the leading edge, such as yours truly, have mostly current, and arguably commensurate ancillaries. And, I think this is a reasonable expectation. How can I evaluate a new megadollar CDP if the rest of my system is not up to the task? I don't think anyone is interested in reading about what a Boulder 2060 sounds like, driven by a Hafler 101 preamplifier.

I think I have articulated my position on wire a gerzillion times in the past. I don't plan on adding a "standard disclaimer box" to what I write.

It's not that I don't expect readers to understand ... that would be absurd, because these are the same things they face in their purchasing decisions. Well, that, and there isn't all that much to understand.

My point is simple; I just don't know what it has to do with "safeguarding" the review process.

That being said, I have no objection to doing it ... I just don't see the point.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  The Cable Cooker  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.