Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: You've missed the point. ... really?

The POINT is about hidden biases. And apparently, the thrust of this is that you can uncover those hidden biases through knowing what I own outright and what I have on loan.

I stopped short of saying that this is simplistic, but I will say it now. It is simplistic.

I HATE doing large speaker reviews, so as soon as I find one I can live with, I am settling in and that will be that ... infer WHAT from this decision? I got tired, I finally found nirvana? You still have read what I write about them.

Digital sources are changing so fast remaining at the leading edge will produce poverty.

I quit doing wire reviews as soon as I heard Jena Labs, almost ten years ago, and nothing I have heard since has caused me to rethink that decision for more than a nanosecond.

Point is, and Ms. Kraft adds too ... it is COMPLICATED and what I own I own for various reasons, and what I loan I loan for various reasons.

I am perfectly happy to go along with this, but I just really don't see the benefit.

Hum, maybe I am missing something ...

Doc S

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.