Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Apologies...this one instead....What a Web We Weave.....

Kana813 originally sent your emails to a mutual friend. I could not have written them.

They were then forwarded to me by a mutual third party.

I couldn't believe what I was reading. I emailed you playing like the "victim'" requesting a copy. Lo and behold, the exact same email arrived in my inbox. What you don't realize is Aberdeen is the mutual friend.

Here's the rest of the post you want me to answer: Lets continue...

In regard to one of my later emails "Yoav, haven't heard from you lately, are you still planning on advertising with us?" Your response was...

"Hi Clement!
We are just recovering from a burglary at the factory last week, and I just got my new laptop today. Therefore, I apologize for the late reply.I do remember asking you some follow-up questions, however your e-mail was not backed-up before the burglary, so please send it again so that I can answer it accurately."

Funny, after the buglary, you somehow have all the emails I sent from nearly one year ago. But the new ones were somehow stolen.

This is what caused my blood to rise. I knew what going on. This was the original email I got requesting information on my website...

"Thanks for notifying me, and I am happy to hear about your mother.
I am highly interested in your proposal, and will start looking into it. Could we please start by you letting me know as follows:
1. When I look at your website, I see several different styles and sizes of ads. Which type are you referring to?
2. What are the other types of ads, and how much does each one cost for a year? Please send your standard price list.
3. In order to be considered for your awards, when do you need a review sample? I need to plan this sort of thing well in advance.
4. How many people read your average review? Can you send me some written reports in this matter?
5. I do not plan on exhibiting at the Stereophile show in NY, as frankly I believe my money is better spent on dealer road-shows than on local trade shows at this time. Is that a problem?
6. Could you please describe how your event works, and perhaps you have pictures from previous years? Also, which dealers regularly attend your event?

I dug and re-relayed the information you requested again. This is your response to this second request.

"Hi Clement!
After much deliberation with my investor, I am sorry to say that at this stage we are unable to widen our marketing budget to include your fine publication. We will be happy to revisit at a later time."

This after a second request!!

Here was my heated response...

"My only question is why did you ever contact this publication, state your interest in reviewing and advertising, then ultimately come to find you can't afford to support our publication? Why such a waste of my time? Lastly, you can introduce a loudspeaker at $70k but can't find the budget to support the very industry that supports products such as yours. You claim to have the worlds most accurate loudspeaker. I hope for your sake you do because you certainly don't have the worlds best business approach at supporting such claims."

Here's your unedited response...

"Dear Clement,
I am sorry to hear both the tone and content of your reply.
All I can say is that in all honesty it was not a money issue – we chose to give priority to another publication which has already taken the time to audition our products. As stated earlier, we will be happy to revisit your offer at a later time."

Here's my supposed threat and blackmail response...

So, its one hand washing tje other? You should have hosts of magazines slated to review your product and in turn advertising there. Maybe I should show you your previous emails so you get a better idea of what you stated you would do.

But it's meaningless.

Problem is, you're a loudspeaker designer attempting to handle public
relations and you can't do both. Worse, you get honest and state you do have the money but chose to go with another publication. That really shows your PR skills.

Great.

I guess I'll be sure to make it my business to see you at the upcoming
events like Munich and CES. Nothing like having a competing publication's head publisher that adores your company.

Okay, where's the threat? Where's the blackmail? There's certainly a lot of dislike with respect to the questions and lost and stolen laptops and more requests. This from a company I've no prior interest in. Remember, you contacted me.

When I mentioned "nothing like having a competing publication's head publisher that adores your company" It was a challenge that you certainly ought to have better sound than you've shown at previous setups. Because of all the BS, I was finally going to make it business to see what this loudspeaker was all about. Alex Paychev knows me pretty well because despite your outrageous claims at producing the "the Most Accurate Loudspeaker" I was going to pay close attention to you at the show. There's a huge difference between a challenge and the threat of blackmail.

Please answer how my cancellation due to my mother's ill health turned into my wife not getting a ticket? Are these facts or your opinions misconstrued?

If I were the person you're attempting to hurt here, I would never have been able to turn my magazine into a full time business. If I were anything close to the person you're attempting to reveal, I wouldn't have been in the publishing business for well over 9 years.

You're sadly delusional in your assessment of the situation here. You personally changed most of my emails to support your claims and think nothing of lying about this fact. Most people who know me would never believe I would so such a thing. I've travled the world over on many occasions and would never ask someone to upgrade my ticket to first or business class. Neither would I change the connecting flights scenario. That would obviously make you look better with it removed while the other changes make me look worse. I wouldn't want to further harm myself so I certainly did not write that. Smoke screen. Trust me, the folks here are not stupid as you think. Let them decide.

It's one thing to think someone's out to hurt you, it's entirely different when you change their words to fit your claims.

Please past this on...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Apologies...this one instead....What a Web We Weave..... - cperry@stereotimes.com 15:39:26 03/13/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.