Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

TAS? A truly worthless use of quality paper stock

Aside from the fact that the design and paper quality are rather significantly superior to Stereophile's...we'll give TAS that - they certainly know how to use white space and plenty of it...

Here is TAS in its entirety. once you read this you will never have to read TAS again.

Here is a TAS review by Wayne Garcia:

WOW, this preamp is tops in my book. Wilco sure sounded so much better, so much more real, so much more there with plenty of air. This time Wilco sounded the best, better than it did the previous 200 times I mentioned them as sounding the best ever. Let me give the entire company an award.

Here is a Fred Kaplan review:
Sorry, you'll have to go to Stereophile for this one.

Here is a Jonathan Valin review:

WOW, this ridiculously high priced speaker XX, which I will now keep without paying for until the next even more expensive speaker from one of those expensive speaker companies sends one my way, sure sounds the best to me now. Definitely my newest new reference. Let me now write an 'essay' on it as well so HP can tell me what a brillant essay I wrote. Hey good friend Joe Blow, go ahead, you can borrow the Karmas now. Whoops - careful Joe Blow, if you go on ebay disguise your tracks! And I'll want a ride in the new car of course. Oh, and BTW, here are some quotes from a Michael Frmemer review. Is that guy dumb or what? He actually pays for the stuff out of his own pocket. What a rube!

And the Pompous One Himself:

I have finally arrived at what is the best sound I've ever heard in Sound Room 10 here at Sea Cliff. It was as if there was no Sea Cliff, but merely God, my good friend God, singing down to me in his melodious voice from the heavens. Or rather, let me say that God cannot sing 'down' to me as I happen to exist equally at his level, so perhaps the right way to position this new standard is to say it is as next to God himself and myself as one can get - though of course you, dear reader, are as likely to attain this level as a fish is likely to escape the fishing net - so I am really simply wasting my time providing this information to you. Perhaps next time I may go int more detail, but as you are not truly worthy of the insights, I may not. I cannot as yet reveal the name of this new wonder of the age - so few of us are so priviledged to hear it and we like the suspense it generates in the lower classes. In fact I may never reveal it. My 13 assistants, each of whom now specializes in one particular type of connection and equipment type here at Sea Cliff, have all been sworn to secrecy as well. But, should you desire to come to Sea Cliff and you have the requisite 2 cases of Chateau Lafite 61 in hand, perhaps, but only perhaps, I will, dear and trusted peon (copy editor note: change 'peon' to 'reader' for publication)allow a brief glimpse (but only a reflection from a mirror - I can never allow you to see the actual product itself as you are not God enough for that) and perhaps a brief listen to its glorious sound from this vestibule you are standing in, for 2 seconds (1 second per case of Chateau Lafite 61 is a true and fair period of time). Anon dear reader, anon, be gone peon, be gone (note to copy desk: change all instances of 'peon' to 'dear reader' for publication).

And last, the esteemed editor's Note from Robert Harley:

Hey, I admit I listen to an iPOD when I'm at the airport. Duh, don't you? Hey, and how about those Blue Ray and HD DVD wars? What's up with that? And while I'm at it, let me tell you something else about the Wilson Watt Puppy - but hold on, no need for me to write something new, let me just provide another couple of pages to reprint from my book in the accompanying sidebar. Cool, eh? Another entire issue put to bed, and heck, I never even had to get up from bed to do so.

The publisher and owner is truly lost...truly lost.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.