Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Nine years ago! I can hardly believe I wrote this stuff then, but it applies still today.

[Talking about AC cables] Inductive and capacitive coupling figure in too, i.e. anything radiating in the vicinity: Transmitters, televisions, telephones, toasters, even (I argue) sunspots ... (Remember Enid Lumley writing about this stuff fifteen years ago and the drubbing she took?)... And things just hanging around as well, such as insulation and carpeting — All affect the sound.

But no one knows how, exactly. Science falters — indeed, weeps — at the very concept, that such stuff can be heard. The "skeptics" and "academics," so cozy with each other, may scoff, and scorn, and mock, yet do retreat when requested to listen for themselves. "I'll listen when you show me some peer-reviewed double-blind tests that demonstrate your point," they fire back in parting. Well! With that chilly attitude who would dare to say, that any one item in audio sounds better than another? Thus is the stage set for rampant speculation... and radical improvement!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Nine years ago! I can hardly believe I wrote this stuff then, but it applies still today. - clarkjohnsen 10:47:28 03/13/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.