Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

be sure to have your parachute on when you make those leaps, Klaus

otherwise the result could be ugly.

You were flying high until the penultimate sentence, where you made a bunch of assumptions to validate your conclusion, without any evidence to back them up.

You assumed that the pair matching in the speakers was outside of 0.5 dB tolerance (BTW, how audible is 0.5 db? It was always my understanding that the decibel scale was chosen to reflect the smallest perceptible increment of loudness change, i.e. 1 db). You assumed that placement differences between the right and left speakers would account for a different perceived sound. Tell me, experimentally, have you verified this audible difference, beyond the audible effect of really gross placement differences, like putting one speaker on the floor in a corner and other other speaker on a stand 2 meters from the nearest wall and 1 meter above the floor?

By the time you get to your final sentence, "Another myth is born" I hear the sound of "kersplat" as you do a face plant at the bottom of the ravine below, your leap of faith having fallen a bit short.

"Scientific" indeed!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.