Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Be careful what you wish for...

Charles,
none of the three examples you site has anything to do with reviewing a product or the reviewing process.

"Our policy is to always deliver the product to the reviewer in person. We can then explain how it works (reviewers are regular people too, that don't always take the time to read the manual) and make sure everything is operating satisfactorily. This process usually takes a few hours -- we will always share some music and sometimes we will share a meal."

Respectfully, if the reviewer doesn't know how to work one of your products or doesn't take the time to read the manual I say he shouldn't be attempting to review your or anyone else's products. He's doing you and his readers a great disservice.

Ideally, a review should not only inform the reader but the manufacturer as well. If a reviewer feels beholden in any way to the manufacturer I doubt that he can deliver an objectively review. I'm not saying it's impossible just improbable.
we'll just have to agree to disagree. Glad to read that you're not in the habit of handing out trinkets.

I hope that your rehab is going in the right direction. I just recently had my left hip replaced due to a tumor in my left femoral head (at the ripe old age of 39). It certainly put a lot of things into sharp perspective.

Regards,

J.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Atma-Sphere Music Systems, Inc.  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.