Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Question for JA ref. Rogue Atlas Review

Hello JA: My Rogue Atlas was delivered Thursday. My March Stereophile with the Atlas test report inside came the same day. What a coincidence!
I did not hook up the Atlas until today because it was frozen and I was busy with other stuff. I was nervous that the hum you wrote about would be very audible. Most of my speakers are in the "88-91" range.
I called Rogue about this to see if they had a fix, etc. The person I spoke with said he never heard anything about a hum problem. He said he was aware of the review, but thought that it happened/was written about six months ago.
I finally got around to setting the Atlas up and was prepared to "measure" the audibility of the hum. In other words, would I keep it or send it back?
Thankfully there was zero hum with my unit, so I was relieved.
Are you going to do a follow-up? Some potential buyers might be chased away from it as a result of the review. I'm not worried about resale, because I keep most of the gear I buy anyway.
One more thing. Throughout the report, it was stated that the unit was good for the money, entry level, better than average for the price etc. In other words, don't expect anything because the unit is bargain basement for a tube unit. I happen to think that $1495 is a lot for a power amp or any audio component for that matter. And I own some that cost three times that!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Topic - Question for JA ref. Rogue Atlas Review - nightdoggy 18:41:53 02/17/07 (1)

You can not post to an archived thread.