Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Sterophile Reviewing Policy

"Advertising has nothing to do with whether or not a product gets chosen for review in Stereophile. Period."

It must get tiresome repeating yourself every week. Why not display this disclaimer (prominently) inside every issue?

"I continue to be puzzled why so much criticism is directed at
Stereophile…”

That's just another way of observing that Stereophile generates greater reader interest than its competitors. You need only become “puzzled” when that interest begins to wane. If I may, it's obvious that you're overly sensistive on this matter i.e., Stereophile's image, and I suspect some mischevious types get quite a charge out of pushing your buttons. Don’t be so quick to indulge them. You've had the number-one audio journal in the business for quite sometime. Accept that fact and don't sweat the small stuff. Stereophile, like any popular journal, will continue to accumulate its share of unwarranted criticism everyday of every week, and there's nothing much you can do about it. A reality that should prove more liberating than disconcerting. :)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.