Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

You don't seem to understand the difference between objective and subjective

You wasted several hundred words bashing a preposterous straw man of your own creation, mythical reviewers who are "trying to maintain some sort of illusion of objectivity," when in fact no one asserts that the reviews in Stereophile, TAS, Hi Fi +, etc. are anything but subjective. It's a controversy that exists only in your fevered mind. The article is silly and pointless.

I was briefly mystified as to why anyone with pretensions to being a writer would attack another person's eloquence until I came to this hilarious grammatical atrocity: "...since Woody Allen’s, Annie Hall, and..." Suddenly it's all clear. Since you're unable to use punctuation at a third - grade level then of course you're intimidated by literate adult vocabulary. I suppose your inability to punctuate explains why you need to hide your real name and your embarrassment behind a pseudonym too.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • You don't seem to understand the difference between objective and subjective - Rob Doorack 08:09:13 02/09/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.