Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Any examples of a critic criticizing another critic for publishing questionable theories or advice?

As bjh has already mentioned, Pierre Sprey is a "manufacturer" and not a critic. His comments amount to a marketing blurb rather than a review.

As for a critique of the quotes from Pierre that you posted, I'm not a critic either but I'd say the first two are so far over the top that they're in deep space. The first *could* be true if the $2000 speaker was covered in the same horse blanket as in #3 and was placed in a closet. The third is classic manufacturer marketing hype with respect to the amount of improvement. Lifting cables may result in a difference in sound but it would not be comparable to horse blankets removed from speakers. The final quote I've found to be untrue. So:

>the most bizarre audio advice I've read since I became interested in audio in the mid-1960's can be found in the Mapleshade CD's/wires/tweaks catalog.<

I would agree. I hasten to add that my agreement doesn't make it true.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.