Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Pierre Sprey offers lots of "audio advice" in his catalog

Subjective Audiophiles don't have to trust every audiophile and believe every audio claim ever made.

That would be for Gullible Audiophiles, like yourself.

Nothing in my post criticized Sprey's wires or any other wires --
I just pointed out his questionable generic advice about wires being just as important as speakers and amplifiers. I could have mentioned that the "Ultimate WireNut" Jon Risch has posted on-line that differences among wires are "subtle", which directly contradicts Pierre Sprey.

I doubt if Sprey manufactures any wires himself, just like every other audio wire "manufacturer" who buys wires from real wire manufacturers, packages them, and multiplies the cost by 10 or 100 or 1000 to create his selling price!

It would appear that you have nothing to add about critics actually criticizing anything related to audio -- one would thinks criticism might be part of a critic's job description? Maybe not for audio.

It seems all equipment is above average, all audio critics are above average and all audio theories are worthy of respect ... in your Audio Fantasyland!

Richard BassNut Greene
Subjective Audiophile 2007

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.