Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Any examples of a critic criticizing another critic for publishing questionable theories or advice?

Do critics ever criticize other critics, or is this a mutual admiration society that almost never says anything negative about audio?

If a critic reads questionable or bizarre audio advice, will he ever comment on it, or is this an "Only say good things about audio to get audiophiles excited about buying new products" type of group?

For one good example,IMHO, the most bizarre audio advice I've read since I became interested in audio in the mid-1960's can be found in the Mapleshade CD's/wires/tweaks catalog.

Do you know of any critics who have ever publicly commented on the questionable advice, and bizarre statements, about audio provided by Pierre Sprey? (they were originally published several years ago, so there has been plenty of time for a critics to react).

Would ANY critics reading this post be willing to comment TODAY on the following self-serving excerpts from the current Mapleshade catalog?

Here are several examples from Mapleshade:

"I've heard $2000 speakers with off-the-rack wires that sounded worse than little $100 Radio Shacks with good cables."

"WIRE IS A COMPONENT JUST AS CRUCIAL AS SPEAKERS OR AMPS"

"Lift all speaker, power, and interconnect wires 8" off any non-wool carpet or plastic tile ... You'll think you've pulled horse blankets off your speakers."

"To get clean bass attacks, subwoofers must be precisely (+/-1") the same distance from your ear as the midrange driver"

Richard BassNut Greene
Subjective Audiophile 2007

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Topic - Any examples of a critic criticizing another critic for publishing questionable theories or advice? - Richard BassNut Greene 07:14:57 02/08/07 (98)

You can not post to an archived thread.