Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Well...

<< he and Martin Colloms "acknowledge Peter Azcel influence, while also reflecting on the paucity of serious criticism in today's media." >>

The thing that you are forgetting is that there were essentially *two* different versions of "The Audio Critic".

When Peter first founded it, it was probably the best magazine around because it combined critical listening with critical technical and design analysis. Sort of like a concise and readable IAR (instead of those boringly long and repetitive articles, and without the self-congratulatory undertones).

It was only after his speaker manufacturing fiasco that he lost his hearing. (Maybe he took too much oxycontin, like Rush Limbaugh!) After a hiatus (it seems like it was around a year or so), the reborn "Audio Critic" was a completely different animal -- tedious, irrelevant, and pompous to the point of absurdity.

When I read Messenger's column I simply assumed that he was referring to the original "Audio Critic". I can't imagine that they are planning to introduce a tedious, irrelevant, and pompous magazine. The only problem is that it will cost US subscribers $140 or so to find out...

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.