Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Again, and for Sherlock down below...

...my rant had absolutely nothing to do with the price itself, but rather HOW it was offered.

Lemme 'splain again.

I go to renew my subscription online. I get:

FREE YEAR OFFER -- Renew now and receive another year for FREE!

And below that:

"Because you're one of our most valued customers, we're offering you the chance to renew your subscription ONLINE at our regular one-year rate of $19.94 and we'll send you a second year free!"

Ok, so you pay the so-called "regular one-year rate" of $19.94 and they say you get another year for free.

But the price for a one year subscription, both for new subscriptions and renewals, is $12.97.

So tell me, if they're selling one year for $12.97, and have been for years, how is paying some $7 more for two years getting you another year for free?

It's bullshit. And whomever dreamed it up knows it's bullshit. Every year that I've renewed online, they've had the option to renew for one year or two years. One year for the usual $12.97 and two years for $23.97.

This time, they left out the option for one year and only offered the two year, "second year free" bullshit for $19.94. Why? Because they didn't want people seeing the $12.97 one year price which would make the "second year free" bullshit a bit too obvious.

So again, it's not about the price. The $19.94 for two years was fine with me. It's the sleazy marketing bullshit they try and feed you, assuming you're some sort of idiot.

se

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Again, and for Sherlock down below... - Steve Eddy 12:21:11 01/25/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.