Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: Now that you've conceded that you're wrong, why are you still going on with this silliness?

Now that you've agreed that the regular one - year subscription rate for Stereophile really is $19.94, then it's patently obvious that the magazine's description of their offer of 2 years for the "regular one-year rate of $19.94" is completely legitimate. They're not doing anything "sleazy" or deceptive at all.

It goes back to what I have asked but have yet to have answered. Who is actually paying that rate? Has anyone ever actually paid that rate? If no one is actually paying that rate, or if no one has ever actually paid that rate, then how can the use of the term "regular" have any real meaning?

It can't that I can see. And it then just becomes a contrivance, which I think is sleazy.

Maybe you ought to apologize for saying that?

I would apologize if I saw any evidence that there are people who are actually paying that "regular" price of $19.94, and giving the term "regular" some actual meaning.

Uh Steve, they're offering that price every month. It's printed right there in the magazine.

Yes, for the purpose of fulfilling regulatory obligations. Are you seriously arguing that this is a solicitation to subscribers? Is that why it's published in fine print, at the back of the magazine, at the bottom of the page?

se

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.