Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

"There is no "regular" price of $19.94" - yes there is

>>Would you consider this ethical?<<

Geez, Steve, don't be such a drama queen. This isn't a question of morality. We're not talking Sophie's Choice here. What you're seeing is the normal marketing and pricing schemes of magazine publishers. It's no different from the pricing tricks used every day by countless merchants. "Free delivery" isn't really free for example, the cost is built into the price of the goods. My town's grocery store runs "buy 1 get one free!" sales all the time. It sounds like a bargain, but how do I know that the price for the 1 jar of pickles I have to pay for wasn't inflated by 50% for the duration of the sale.

As for "there is no 'regular' price of $19.94," I'm afraid you're quite wrong. I believe the USPS requires it to be published in every issue of the magazine. Take a look at the fine print at the bottom of page 135 in the February Stereophile for instance. It says right there "Subscription rates for one year US, APO, FPO, and US Possessions $19.94."

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers   [ K&K Audio / Lundahl Transformers Forum ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.