Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

stereophile finished

I just received my newest Stereophile. I have to tell you what ever is going on there is not good, it become a boring read, fluff and reviews that do not spark any desire to purchase the unit.

This is like reading Stereo Review or Audio magazine at the end of their life, it all sounds good, nothing sounds bad, does it sound like real music, cannot tell by reading one of there reviews.

Perhaps its the hobby is slowly fading away as the baby boomers age, but the mag is good for advertisements only.

TAS is the magazine to read in my opinion, it holds my interest, has a good design and lay out and the writing is very good. My only complaint is the reviews are to short, but then again perhaps they feel we make our own minds up, and they are being a guide to what to consider.

Sorry to write this, but I been waiting for the next issue that will be a good one, but for the past year or so that has not been the case.

There needs to be changes made, and hopefully they will get it work out, but once I receive my last issue that is it for me unless I see improvements.

Mr. B

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - stereophile finished - PhillyB 10:54:55 01/22/07 (53)

You can not post to an archived thread.