Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Re: I must be missing your point...

I'm having a bit of fun with the term "room treatment", i.e. just common furnishings... the things that the vast majority of audiophile get by with!; including JA it seems. The other aspect is the idea that rooms can be, or require, improvement is often overstated... i.e., if it ain't broken...

Read Mike Fremer's review on the Tara Labs Zero cables to understand the meaning of improvements via cables. In particular his comments about the Zero's yielding a reduction in "Electronicia", if that was the coinage he used, but basically a reduction in that sense of "electronic" sound is something that is not unique to the Zeros.

In fact for someone moving from a very poor (manufacturer throw-in) interconnect to, say, a good quality Cardas he/she might experience an improvement on the same scale (or perhaps to an even greater degree!) than Fremer did going from his already very good cables to the Zeros; assuming a decent system of course. Think of a cable as something that, subjectively speaking, adds "nasties" to the signal, adds "zing" to sibilance. Better cables add less, do less damage, sound smoother, more natural, more like "no cable". In a overly "live" room any reduction in "nasties" from the cables will be especially appreciated.

Bear in mind that some like the sound that a live room gives, yet that doesn't meant that like electronic nasties!

No Guru, No Method, No Teacher

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: I must be missing your point... - bjh 14:10:12 01/19/07 (0)

You can not post to an archived thread.