Home Critic's Corner

Discuss a review. Provide constructive feedback. Talk to the industry.

Meaningless. Really?

The subjective reviews exist for people, audiophiles, who CAN and DO appreciate the sonic differences described. If this represents but a tiny fraction of the readership (those Golden Eared AND experienced) then what good is it, and in fact this would suggest that for the vast majority of the readership the high-end (not necessarily the high-priced) is an exercise in futility, a vanity fair!; and BTW your musings about wealth that appeared at Prop Head just a little time back suggest that you actually are leaning in that direction.

One doesn't begin to the appreciate the benefits of superior musical reproduction by becoming indoctrinated in a dogma. Atkinson found himself immersed in a dogma at one point in time, the DBT dogma (because it's practice in audio is little more than a exercise to support another). Did he shed that dogma because he got in touch with reality, or did he simply exchange it for another.

Look, I've had plenty of conversations just like the one we are having today many many times here at the AA. However in virtually every cases the other party was typically a naysayer of one sort of another. Personally I never thought I'd be having it with a naysayer, a particularilly odd sort that doesn't even know he is one, that writes articles for the "As We See It" column in Stereophile.

Meaningless, indeed!, in that like most naysayers your viewpoint is immobile, the changing of which is as futile as banging ones head against a rock.

Maybe the column name shouldn't be change, rather change the name of the publication itself ... it's starting to become an insult to the legacy of JGH.

You may enjoy the last word it you so desire ... I've had enough!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

You can not post to an archived thread.