Home Coconut-Audio

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Review of White Night power 5m - by cheez

Review by cheez:

I thought I should post my impression about the sound since both White Night Power 2M and 5M cables are installed.

It took music to a new level. To put things in to short glossary terms, some songs sound mysterious. Some sound creepy. Some sound intriguing / explorative. Some songs sound happy. Each song showed its unique characters. With both cables plugged, the biggest benefit I am getting is the dynamic range. The distance between bass and treble is distant, miles apart. You can almost sense the distance and location of the bass and treble. Spaciousness is top notch, very 3-dimensional and distort-free. Not a slightest sign of edginess. The bass and treble is so far apart it's not even funny.

The 5M cable does have even deeper soundstage with more micro details. It sounds extremely deep, more so than the 2M cable. The width of the soundstage is about neck and neck. Treble is clean and as clear as it can get. The 2M cable holds its own, just slightly less depth in soundstage. All range of songs sound awesome. Vocals are clean and silky. The treble notes are extremely clear like you are standing inside the waterfall. It varies from song to song. I guess you could say, very accurate and realistic. I would rate treble department in the scale 0-10 10.

Bass is big and super tight. Very articulate pounding bass. There is plenty of impact / thrust. The bass sounds very "healthy", and completely opposite of muddiness or sponginess. I would rate bass 10.

Basically I have deeper soundstage with more details with both cables plugged. There are no cons.
cheez (USA)

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Topic - Review of White Night power 5m - by cheez - Coconut-Audio 14:41:56 04/15/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.