Home Bottlehead Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: 955 as Paramour driver (long)

Nice, especially the below deck mount. I use 955 as the driver in a diminutive 5902 P-P amp and in a variety of pre-amp circuits, good tube. Seeing your implementation makes me itchy to do the same with my Paramours.
Given the state of the wire leads you might as well keep going. The DHT 957 and 958A will plug right on in, with the nod going to the 958A. Lift the filament wires and run a 9000maH NiCad D-Cell for the filaments, should be about 2 weeks or more of heaving listening per battery, about 90 hours. You can raise a filament on/off toggle most any where. Then its all DHT. 6F4 and 6L4 will also plug in but require a bit more lead work and a bit of design. The grids have two hook-ups as do the plates. If you're deft with the soldering iron you can attach wires directly into the grid pins, at the ends of course. And you may have to pinch down plate current to keep inline with the PS transformer. Nice pinstripes as well looks like a great amp.
Matt

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: 955 as Paramour driver (long) - mwiebe 19:56:28 01/26/06 (6)

You can not post to an archived thread.