Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Beaming/shouting

What you are planning to do is exactly what I used for several months very successfully. I used a combination of PEQ and GEQ, you should indeed get more accurate results with the PEQ but use what works for you. Assuming you have a room with room modes to tame (ie it's not HUGE)then it's a significant improvement to the bass performance of your room/system but the degree does of course depend on how your room measures in the first place.

Take some measurements first to find out how the room performs. In my room I used 3 position measurements to begin with but when doing the fine-tuning I used single position measurement, it's much faster and in my situation there was little difference between 1 and 3 position.

With the room analyzer and DEQ2496 it took me 2 to 3 hours to get a good result once I had opimized subwoofer placement - which ended up being exactly when I had them in the first place! With the XTZ Sub Amp 1 I got a flatter response due to the room analyzer programming the dsp for me but you will get a good setup with the DEQ2496 too.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Beaming/shouting - Clive 03:26:19 04/30/09 (1)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.