Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Any experiences with different caps in the Prometheus

I've spent a lot of time playing with a room analyzer, my subwoofer placement and settings. My experience may not apply to your room but here's what I found:

I used to have the crossover at 10:30 or 11:00 (on the previous plate amps, not the current SAM2s). The analysis mic and software showed that I had a hole at the integration point between subs and main baffles. It's easier to setup the subs this way because you can whack up the bass level to get great deep bass but I was missing upper-bass as a consequence. I now have the crossover at about 2:00 and the level much lower. This excites room modes far less and lets me hear whole bass lines that I'd been missing, timing is better too as my troublesome room modes are pretty much fixed. The graphs I have for the bass response are really quite good now.

I'm also trying digital eq on just the bass feed on my now optimized subs, this really is the icing on the cake.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.