Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: Prometheus bass roll off

Hi,

some time ago i posted a link to a review in a German DIY magazine which showed graphs from the nearfield measurements they have done. The measured f3- point of the woofers is below 40Hz but the in room- response varies. In most cases the room helps the woofers down to 30Hz or lower but there also are rooms which doesn`t allow deepest basses at listening position, the wavelenght at this low frequencies are above 10m, the waves are reflected and "folded" into most rooms. The result is that the response in this area depends on woofer- placement and listening- position, you get spots with additions and the opposite depending on the positions. When you walk around you will note areas with lots of bass and "holes", depending on your position.The open baffle with active powered helper woofer- design allows maximum flexibility to achieve the best possible result.
The Bastanis woofer- designs are made to match the open baffles without any "break" inbetween, this requires wideband- and easy to drive- behaviour and good efficiency from the woofers, regarding this the response from the Prometheus woofers is very deep.

Regards
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Prometheus bass roll off - Robert Bastani 23:51:58 01/02/08 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.