Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: A couple Promethius questions

Hi,

the best method to find a perfect woofer integration is to find the best possible baffle position for the stereo image first. Then the phase settings of the woofers has to be done (best is with a helper who turns the phase knob and control the result yourself at listening position). Then turn the crossover frequency low and lift it until you note that the woofers play. From this position go back a little and listen for a while and by switching the plate- amps off you can control if the stereo imaging is affected by the woofers. When you can`t find the ideal setup this way you can try another firing direction for the woofers or another placement in the room. The possibility to place the woofers separate from the baffles allows maximum flexibility to find the best place for imaging (baffles) and woofer integration even in rooms where passive speakers have no chance to sound satisfying.
The active powered woofers make it very easy to get enough bass to fill up the baffles but without perfect matching by the listener there will always be an imperfection which reduces the quality of the speakers a lot.
When you control the quality of the stereo image of the baffles with and without the woofers and there are no or minor differencies (in the best case, possible in some rooms only, the imaging can take profit from the woofers)the woofers integrate perfect.
@ Eddie: The Bastanis woofers are a perfect match to the open baffles, i second your experience that woofers with wideband characteristics are important...

Regards
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.