Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Damping Weight on OB

When I read the comments about weight on OB would change the sound of the Prometheus, I said to myself "yeah, but how much it could be?" After all, Prometheus was the best speaker I had listened to. I adore MK1 and not only me, but all of my colleagues who lay their ears on them start to melt in the first 15 minute. So I neglected to implement it. Until this week...

Well couple days ago I went to this diving equipment shop and bought myself a pair of 2kg. each lead weights divers use. Drilled 2 holes on each. And finally last night I screw them on the back side of the OB right above the wideband driver next to tweeter. Took me no more than 45 minutes all together.

Boy, you couldn't believe the difference. So I join brashgordon who responded beerme on 03-08-2006 on the thread "first impressions". This is something else. The mids are much milkier, smoother, stage is larger. Plus I had to turn down the sub level and lower the xover frequency. Hard to explain. You must try it. Cost me 15 bucks for the weights and the rest is nothing.

Regards,
Rasim

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Analog Engineering Associates  

Topic - Damping Weight on OB - Rasim 05:16:06 02/28/07 (5)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.