Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Which tweeter are you using? And what capacitor? nt.

Hi,
there are many possibilities for harsh sound - from the source itself, the pre- amp, amp, cabling, power- cords, everything counts. The overall quality of your stereo is dependent on the weakest part of the chain. Especially when you have Prometheus with the Gemini- tweeters these speakers show you everythinng which is not harmonic like a lens - when everything is fine (this is not a matter of money, for example a Sony PS1 and a NAD 3020 connected with the Bastanis diy- cables to Prometheus sound fine - of course not on the same level as a highend 300B- setup but musical and satisfying) you get fascinating sound without getting disturbed by harshness or anything else which nobody would expect at this price- level.
There are Magic Twins filterelements for I/C- connections and a different type for speaker- use, these filters doesn`t touch anything in the audio frequency- spectrum but depending on the setup they offer big benefits, especially a natural de- stressed response in combination with more details. There are probably additional or completely different changes to make you satisfied, my experience is that a good stereo- "chain" always offers natural sound AND resolution of fine details, this is the path i recommend. Lowering the tweeter- level offers less listening- stress with poor recorded CD`s but the disharmony in your setup will not be cured. You can try everything from the Bastanis product- line which i recommend for your setup for two weeks before you decide if it`s worth the money in your setup or not.

Regards
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Which tweeter are you using? And what capacitor? nt. - Robert Bastani 10:30:14 01/27/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.