Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Manny's Rig

Thanks for the kind words, Gary, re:

p.s. If you give the business thing a shot, I'd be very interested in a set of new baffles for my speakers.

The issue with making it a business is still a bit tricky. A couple weeks ago, Jim (our woodworker) came over for a visit and we brought up the idea but he made no commitments. Quite honestly, the vibe I got from him is that he's not so much interested in this as a business but rather he feels it's a form of "artistic expression." Well... he didn't actually say that but I'm sure you know what I mean.

So, the strategy Manny and I thought up is to, first, turn Jim into an audiophile. At the same time, maybe have him build one kit at a time perhaps starting with his own or mine. I believe the only way for Jim to commit and keep building is if he actually sees that there's more to these speakers than just pretty looks. While he did hear them at Manuel's, he also had his wife and four kids running around that I don't think he got fully immersed.

Furthermore, Bill Allen has an official representative in our area, Jon T. In fact, Manny bought the assembled kit from Jon. And along with another guy, Alan C, we're all friends! In fact, if Bill came over we'd be all hanging out tomorrow, Bill, Jon, Alan, Manuel and I, having a few beers and perhaps shooting some pool at hustler Jon's. So as far as business initiative is concerned, between the five of us, we can get anything going. At the end of the day, the challenge that remains is keeping Jim in play. So, let's see.

Tito

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Michael Percy Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Manny's Rig - Tmij 14:50:20 01/08/07 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.