Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: Tekna Sonic Vibration Absorbers

Hi,

the Tekna Sonic absorbers ( i personal know others which are based on the same principle) make a difference. Depending on the bandwith of resonance- damping they change the sound but if this is positive depends - to my experience. Boxed speakers show smaller changes with these kind of dampeners because they don`t work on "pumping" cabinets which are caused from the air- pressure changes inside a boxed speaker. Open baffeled speakers don`t have these problems and depending on the baffle- geometry the platter- material and thickness it is possible to get a big improvement - or in opposite a negative effect by the time- delay of the resonating elements, regard these are passive and only work as a reaction to an impulse, an active damping- element could stop the resonances just in time. This is also the reason why soft damping elements underneath speakers often result a lack of precision in the bass- range. There are developments using piezo- elements for active noise- surpressing which are promising for futurous active damping- devices for audio.
Btw: The room and the furniture have a very big influence in sound regarding the fact that the big surfaces need minimum movement from the high energetic bass- waves to disturb the clarity of sound a lot. When the room is optimized there are some expensive but magic dampeners / resonators for underneath the components of your stereo and for wall- application.

Regards
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Re: Tekna Sonic Vibration Absorbers - Robert Bastani 11:05:07 10/27/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.