Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Break-in and what Electronics work with Bastanis Speakers "an analogy"

I have with some interest, followed the comments made concerning break-in and what electronics work well with the Bastanis open baffle speakers. I guess its about time I chime in on this subject.
Concerning break-in I have two different successful solutions: Time and Money.

1.)TIME, Put them in a closet, place them face to face, wire them out of phase, cover them with a heavy blanket and let them play for 400 hours.(16 days at 24 hours/day) Next, spend endless hours trying all the parts on hand using your experiance to see what you can cook up. Milage may vary!

2.)MONEY, Purchase a known balanced set of components/cabling/source and listen to them from day one. (I suggest: TVC's/SET Amps/Bastanis Cabling and the finest source you can afford) Assemble a balanced system from the start and it just keeps sounding better right through the break-in! From there you tweak to taste.

If I may use offer an analogy; owning Bastanis Open Baffle Loudspeakers are much akin to building a good race car. One does not simply go down to the Joe's Race Car Dealership and purchase a top performing machine. A race car and team is developed over a period of time with a single purpose in mind. There are many "levels" of racing and nobody starts at the top. The nice thing about the Bastanis Prometheus is you start out with a chassis that will allow you to compete in all leagues. Its just a matter of time, experience, and money that dictate when and what class you race in. If fuel is the music and the race coarse is in your mind. With a finely tuned engine, transmission, and proper wiring you have the formula to be a winner on any track.

The large majority of people I deal with buy production vehicles from a dealership and have no experience owning or operating a race car. This level of sport is not for everyone! It requires your full commitment and dedication from the very beginning. It's highly likely that everything you own "is not" up to the task and will have to be replaced. That is not to say you have to spend lots of money just to leave that BMW eating dust. On the contrary with a little elbow grease, a few grand, you're out there on the race track not putsing around on the public roads. The real reward is your hard spent time and money always pays off in top performance using Bastanis Speakers. No Compromise's is our motto!

Keeping "everything" perfectly balanced is the key to success "at any level" using Bastanis (100db/1 watt) open baffles speakers.

Robert, Tony, and I, and the good people of this forum, are here to assist anyone willing to enter this exciting niche of the audio hobby.

Happy Trails,

Bill Allen
BaulsAudio.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • Break-in and what Electronics work with Bastanis Speakers "an analogy" - Bill Allen 14:33:35 10/07/06 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.