Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

Re: clearer now....

OK, I see where your 5 to 10db came from.

For sure the setup of my Proms is different.
1) I have the widebands 1.3 meters from the back wall - this must give a very different frequency response.

2) I have the subs in the rear corners - I did originally find I was missing the very deepest bass for sometime compared to REL Storm that go down to 18/20Hz. With careful tuning and mainly very extended run-in time I've got most of the deep bass back.

3) I run the tweeters run as dipoles - this seems to release extra treble energy and "air".

When I had a few hundred hour on the speakers I was still messing around with the bass settings. I now realise it was still changing considerably. After a year (!) I now have stability. I should add that I travel a lot with work so maybe I'm only up to 1,000 or 1,500 hours or so.

I had a problem with my phono stage at one point, I added 0.22uF to the xover cap, it brought the treble up a lot. Now that I've fixed the phono stage I'm back to 1.01uF. If your room is causing a treble roll-off then it seems reasonable to increase the xover cap. 0.22uF might be too much so be ready with a smaller cap.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.