Home Bastanis DIY Forum

Welcome! Need support, you got it. Or share you ideas and experiences.

RE: firebird caps

Hi,

the tweeter caps are the only parts in series. There are also paralleled resistors to flatten the wideband drivers impedance.
For the smaller 10" wideband drivers i use similar methods as for the 12" Mandala wideband drivers to treat the cones. This treatments mainly make the cone more flexible and increase the self- damping. When the treatments are done the cones break up early and work as flex- cones to higher frequencies. The resonance- behaviour is very good and the wideband drivers show a proper self roll- off to higher frequencies, so no additional crossover is required and the drivers are direct- coupled to the power- amp.

The tweeter is 8 Ohms.
The tweeter is positioned below the wideband driver, this anglinement produces an upward axxis, so the bigger the listening- distance the more the imaging rises in height - the Firebird design works best for a listening- distance between about 2m and about 5m (depending on the height of your ears in listening- position).

Regards,
Robert Bastani

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Western Glow Tube Service  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.