Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: DAC 3.1 C1 & C8 Caps

Jeffx,

As I wrote in the posting after yours that not all mods are good ones. The guys at Audio Note did great with what they sell. Upgrades, if that's what you call it, are not always an upgrade. It might make things sound different but maybe not better. That will be suggestive to you.

Whenever I did any work to a power supply on either amps or preamps, I most of the time bypassed the one that came with it and built my own using better parts and iron. Gets to be costly though. That is why I went into building my own stuff from scratch.

I built my own DAC using the Audio Note DAC board and the Audio Note chassis. I built a separate power supply for the digital side as well as the output side. When done the power supply cost almost as much as buying a completed 3.1. But I had fun. Sonically I preferred it cap coupled to the outputs rather than using the output tranny coupling but again, that's my ears.

I am sure going to the triple C-core tranny should sound good, but is it that much better to justify the expense. But! Even if you use the more expensive trannies, will it really sound better or do you just want it to because of the expense or someone said it does or should.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.