Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: AN Dac's

We are embracing computer audio - Most of our customers do not use transports but rather a computer based server - I have a large collection of WAV and FLAC files on my computer both 16/44 and 24/96 which I stream through a DAC2.1 with USB - I use an ASIO driver to avoid the windows drivers and get amazing digital sound! So as far as computer audio - AudioNote is there - if you are asking when is AudioNote going to support 24/192 and higher sampling rates - then read on!

Good question and a great topic of conversation!! I am currently writing some articles for the ANK web site with regards to digital audio - check out the DAC4.1 page and read the article we have on the first part of this universal question : Sigma Delta DAC's vs Resistor Ladder DAC'S.

The second part of the question is 16/44 vs 24/96 vs 24/192 etc.etc.. coming shortly !

- Let me rephrase your question - when is audionote going to support higher and higher sampling rates and data widths - assuming that higher and higher sampling and data widths are the key to great sounding recordings! - what if I told you that a 16/44 CD already contains more dynamic range than any LP! (then why do CD's not sound as good)

An AudioNote DAC is using REAL bits as in real resistors voltages and currents to reconstruct the analog waveform - while SIGMA delta (oversampling hi resolution) dacs use virtual bits - in other words "COMPUTER PROCESSING" to produce an approximation of the digital data - this causes fatigue in our brains , less musical detail and shortens our listening sessions!

I hate to say it but higher and higher sampling rates and data widths will unfortunately not enhance our enjoyment of digital music - AudioNote continues to use the highest bit size R-2R DAC chip available which has the capability for a larger dynamic range than on any recording source!

Theres a lot to learn in this area but do some research on
SIGMA DELTA DACS , R-2R DACS, dynamic range on CD, 16/44 , 24/96

Let us know what your goal is with regards to digital music and we can help you!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Amplified Parts  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.