Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: Mundorf Silver/Oil for Kit One?

I would look at the V-Caps Teflons as they remove the haze, the blanket on the sound. I can see why AN might have designed the Copper Caps with that signature, as it can make a mid range sound system sound warmer, friendly, less fatiquing, especially with CD sources.

However, as you say, the DAC is so well made and had good component quality, and if paired with a good transport and amp, then you don't really need this sonic blanket. If you can remove it, and be happy, you are onto a winner.

And, once removed, in my view, you can then hear the effects of further changes in the system to a bigger degree. The other, very nice thing about V-Cap Teflons, is the build, and resistance to heat from valves etc. I have had various failures with other caps in the past. I can see folk seem to like the Aura caps, but who ever thought putting wax and paper consrructed caps a good idea in a hot valve amp. Sorry, I don't get that. Maybe we just put a can of petrol next to the trans and see what happens.....

My opinion, sorry if I upset Aura-caps fans.
Live long and listen!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Mundorf Silver/Oil for Kit One? - Astrostar60 05:40:03 06/05/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.