Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: Legend Monoblock PSE 300B

A SET will work with them but you probably want to get a 211 or 845 which are bigger more powerful sounding SETs.

I heard the Meishu here yesterday with AN Es and really loved it - much better than at Audio Shows. But the E HE SPe is much easier to drive than Harbeths.

That said AN makes excellent push pull amps (hush hush).

Still like you the Single Ended sound is where I want to stay and keep going. I like the Harbeths - If you can - try a set of AN K/Spe - they're sealed so a different bass flavor than all the other AN speakers - some people actually like the K the best and it's $3k. This speaker is happy with 5 watts in a fairly large room. I used a Tripath class T amp with them on a demo.

So it depends on how tied you are to the Harbeth. If these are you rest in peace speakers then you want to make sure you have enough power - if you see yourself trading them down the line for an AN speaker or some other SET friendly speaker then the lower power will get you buy until that time I'm sure.

I auditioned the Magnepan 1.7 and B&W N801 with low powered SET amps and those speakers never sounded better. You just could not play them at very loud levels. Still the quality was a cut above hearing those same speakers with 500 watt beasties.

I don't know the kits too well - maybe they have a 300B SET in parallel which would provide 18 watts - that would probably solve the problem. The production model is called Conquest - perhaps the kits have a version available or will come up with one.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Parts Connexion  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.