Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: Output Transformer for 3.1 Dac

I am not a techie, but I have noticed a big improvement going to Transformer output in my DAC and Audio Note amped system. It gave a jump in dynamics and to me sounds more open and transparent. The downside I guess is great transformers are not cheap.

I wonder if it would be possible to design an amp with NO capacitors? I felt from previous amps that coupling capacitors do affect the SQ and give a certain style to the presentation.

I proved this to myself when I swopped out the AN copper caps for V-Caps with an immediate improvement in detail and ambience but with any extra harshness. In some systems I guess you could tailor the sound by rolling caps till you got the sound balance you were after.

My next venture will be to look at on-the-fly EQ via PureMusic before it loads the AIFFs into the DAC. If it is done in the digital domain no loss or smearing of the sound would occur I think.

It's all good news I think, as any way to tailor the sound to the owners taste has to be good. And it is cheaper than buying new gear!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  McShane Design  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Output Transformer for 3.1 Dac - astrostar59 13:30:28 03/05/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.