Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: Output Transformer for 3.1 Dac

If I may give some input here. There has to be another manufacturer that can match the specs of the AN transformers. He has them wound and if he can do it so can others, probably for far less $$$$$$$$$$$$$. AN is great stuff but they don't have a market sealed on quality. You have to remember!!! They charge because they have to. If they are getting say $1500 for a pair of transformers then it cost probably 1/3 of that, if that much, to make. Don't get me wrong(as others have). I like their products but they don't have a sealed market on quality and what they build. Their advertising does more and then there are the cult followers of the products.

That output stage is nothing special. I have the schematic for it and it can be built for far less than what AN charges.

So in short, just find out the specs of the tranny and contact Hashimoto, Magnequest, or Bottlehead and see what they have available. Even Heyboer can make to order for very little $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$.

In short I am more of a favorite of cap coupling. Changes in the sound can be made for far less than the use of a transformer.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Signature Sound   [ Signature Sound Lounge ]

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.