Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: AN DACs connected direct without pre amp?

I agree with both Mark V and garymuffley.

If you were to use a passive at all and the amp has no pot on the input then I would go with the shortest IC's and keep the passive as close to the amp as possible. That's with the Mar V suggestion. I also would not hack into the front plate of the DAC unless you can get another one in case you sell it. Most of the people buying want things as original as possible. Not the ideas of another.

Now along with garymuffley. I like his scenario as well with no output transformer but then you will need coupling caps in place of them. It's a give and take. One way you eliminate the coupling cap and the other the transformer. Unless you needed the impedance real low I would always go with a cap.

I also feel the volume pot should be put on the input of the buffer stage but I don't know enough about the schematic to determine of it can be done.

There is a guy Thorsten Loesch that knows all about the AN products. He might be of more information.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  VH Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: AN DACs connected direct without pre amp? - xaudiomanx 15:23:48 02/25/13 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.