Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: Off-Ramp5 USB to SPDIF anyone?

I myself have not done any comparison to a quality cd based transport however there are many who have and their accounts can be found. Empirical Audio has taken their wares to some reputable audio shows and have garnered a lot of praise and attention. Some say it's performance exceeds even the best cd transports.

It's interesting to think about the capacity of USB to provide bit perfect data. USB however lacks quality timing with regard to low jitter when it is expected to provide the master clock. That's the basic function of the Off Ramp. It receives bit perfect data via USB and provides a master clock with very low jitter. It utilizes very meticulously designed power supply regulation and clocking components in much the same way of well designed cd based transports.

Through the Off Ramp I can play music ripped from CDs, DVDs, Blurays, and it all sounds great. Heck even You Tube is listenable for discovering new music. Low bit rate audio doesn't sound harsh at all, it merely lacks detail. I honestly have no interest in a CD based transport.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Off-Ramp5 USB to SPDIF anyone? - brett 18:04:00 12/18/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.