Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: Ripp Flac files and dump the CDP??

Like previous poster I would absolutely recommend a USB to SPIDF converter, there are many on the market, I started using an M2Tech HiFace ($100) the current fave seems to be the MF V Link, lots of choice here. You only need to go to 96Hz as that is the limit of the receiver chipset into the AN DAC.

If you are going Apple route I would go for AIFF, bit more bulky on storage but otherwise fine, then you can think about music player software. I use Amarra and Audivarna.

I am happy ripping via computer - if you go PC then you can Dbpoweramp which will checksum the rip to make sure it is perfect.

Forget Wifi endless drop out and glitches. I have been Computer based for the last three years and I would not go back ever.

I am very happy with itunes as the base it will go round the house and can be used with the ipad remote, coupled with the software I mention it is a pretty fine thing. PC's are good like the one mentioned you just need to deal with ASIO. One thing PC does allow is the use of XXHE which is a sublime music player but trickey to use and beyond my useless PC skills, hence apple for me!

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Schiit Audio  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.