Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: Changing the Caps in a 1.1 DAC

I ditto your break in experience with v-caps. Oddly they get worse sounding shortly after initial listening. They seem to be 80% there at the 100 hour mark and continue improving subtly to the 400 hour mark.

I like what you said about recording quality becoming more stark between albums. They really let you hear what's going on in the mix, and rather it is a good mix or not. For the money I recommend them as well.

Because of their transparency they require very good components up stream, as they will reveal weaknesses every bit as well as strengths.

And for some, v-cap is simply not their cup of tea.

I would like to hear what audio note silver caps can do. But at over 4x the costs of v-caps it will be a while.

Duelund Cast PIO caps have come down in price substantially and have been praised on this board.

Also, I would like to see about Jupiter beeswax caps now that they've evidently solved the leaky wax problems. Their flat stack caps have cryo silver leads and cost 65 bucks a piece. Some have said they have all the detail of v-caps but sound much more musical more natural.

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Sonic Craft  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups
  • RE: Changing the Caps in a 1.1 DAC - brett 11:34:46 11/13/12 (0)

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.