Home ANK AudioKits Forum

ANK AudioKits support forum

RE: DAC 2.1 Flaming Failure

Hi

As Joachim pointed out the snubber failed... and while not vital to the power supply, it does help to keep things quiet. By the way, the Beyschlags on your p.s. board are 1W.

Hopefully your cap and rectifier are only cosmetically scarred, and can be cleaned up. On the cap use neat white vinegar.... on the recifier valve... very fine steel wool.

Yes, the M2-X is 100% compatible with your DAC 2.1. Howevere if you want the ultimate version of the M2 power supply, e-mail me for details on the M2-R. I have two DAC 2.1's here right now (with the 12au7 boards, another nice enhancement) in a side by side comparison. One has the M2-X power supply, the other the M2-R. The sonic difference is amazing. It is not just the 0B2 tube, although that plays a major role.... every component on the board is upgraded. The bass is tighter and more extended, the midrange (like female vocals) is more creamy and palpable, and the highs have a more three dimensional effect. The xylophone on Jazz at the Pawnshop is in the room !

I will have pictures and details up on my website soon.... but right now I just so busy building and enhancing Kits.

the discerning ear
www.thediscerningear.com

This post is made possible by the generous support of people like you and our sponsors:
  Kimber Kable  

Follow Ups Full Thread
Follow Ups

FAQ

Post a Message!

Forgot Password?
Moniker (Username):
Password (Optional):
  Remember my Moniker & Password  (What's this?)    Eat Me
E-Mail (Optional):
Subject:
Optional Link URL:
Optional Link Title:
Optional Image URL:
Upload Image:
E-mail Replies:  Automagically notify you when someone responds.